TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) – Tarwater Farm & Property took house the prime prize at Tuesday’s 41st Yearly Tiny Company Awards ceremony.
The occasion, which ran from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Townsite Avenue Ballroom, 535 S. Kansas Ave., captivated quite a few hundred individuals.
Attendees dined on a lunch of beef suggestions before viewing narrated highlights of just about every of the 23 corporations nominated for the nine award types.
Matt Pivarnik, president and main government officer of the Higher Topeka Partnership, applauded all of the tiny organizations in the Topeka region during his remarks.
“Small firms — they are significant organization in Topeka,” Pivarnik explained. “Small businesses are huge companies in Topeka.”
Pivarnik said 90 per cent of all firms in the money city are modest businesses.
Moreover, he reported, half of all positions — some 41,000 in all — in Topeka are in smaller businesses. The once-a-year payroll for personnel of tiny companies in Topeka is $1.6 billion, he included.
The complete listing of winners at Tuesday’s ceremony:
• Younger Entrepreneur Award — Alejandro Mateos, of Naly’s Out of doors Co.
• Micro Enterprise Award — Blue Jazz Espresso.
• Emerging Innovation Undertaking Award — Brew Financial institution.
• Women-Owned Modest Business enterprise Award — Asset Lifecycle
• Minority-Owned Small Business Award — Harris & Sons Enterprises
• Veteran-Owned Tiny Business enterprise Award — Anneal Initiative
• Small Business enterprise Maker Award — PlainsCraft Lined Wagons
• Smaller Business Exporter Award — Harris Fabrication
• Leading Metropolis Small Business enterprise of the 12 months — Tarwater Farm & Dwelling
Copyright 2022 WIBW. All legal rights reserved.